We encourage parents to communicate with their child in the language they feel most comfortable. There are many benefits to knowing multiple languages! Additionally, language skills learned in one language are transferred to another language. Therefore, parents are encouraged to speak, read, and write in their home language with their child. Please check out the links below for more information.
Research & Reports
- Effects of Bilingualism on Socio-cognitive and Socio-emotional Development
- Growing Importance of Foreign Language Skills in the U.S. Job Market
- Language Diversity in the US: Most Multilingual States
- Real Benefits of Learning a Second Language
- U.S. Census Bureau: American Community Survey